If The Force Actually Existed…
A reader sent me a link to this d00dly graph, What The Force Would Be Used For If It Actually Existed. If you don’t want to bother to click through, the answer is: greater than 50%, pulling the remote to you because it is too far away; insignificant percentage, actually making a difference in the universe; all the remaining percentage, persuading women to undress. Wait, I can’t keep typing because I’m laughing so, so much. Oh, those clever d00ds.
My correspondent wrote:
This is rather disturbing if you think about it. Using coercion to “persuade” a woman to undress: shades of rape culture?
Hey, that is totally what
the force is for!
Well, clearly, the implied viewing audience for the graph, and putative possessors of the force, are heterosexual males*. That’s dominant patriarchal discourse for you.
If the force actually existed, I’d devote 95% of my usage (the other 5% is for retrieving my glasses from wherever I last set them down) to persuading mansplainers to stop talking and listen for a change. I’m not sure if the force is that strong, though. But it would be good times, AND count as actually making a difference in the universe!
*the kind, no doubt, who can take a joke. Unlike hairy-legged feminazis, who have no sense of humor.