On The “Choice” Of Having A Child
Let me reminds you, once again, that people do not “choose” to have kids. A lot of people choose *not* to have kids–birth control, wealth, and modernity certainly contribute to this decision, which is perfectly irreproachable, by the way–but reproducing is not a conscious decision. It is something that the bodies of living creatures simply DO. It is, in fact, part of the definition of “living.”
If Bitch, PhD’s post isn’t enough to straighten out the knickers you got in a knot over the discussion on my post, then read this one, too.
Later on someone says, “I thought that people who have children do it largely because they want to.” No. People have children because if you fuck someone of the opposite sex, chances are that sooner or later you (or, if you are a man, your partner) will get pregnant. It’s lovely that we have ways of avoiding this, and tragic when people who want kids find out they can’t, but let’s not be stupid: having children is not the choice. NOT having children is the choice.
For god’s sake, read both posts before you write something stupid here about how having a child is too a choice and people should just deal with the choices they make.
Bunny Rock in Zuska’s Garden
Zuska is the kick-ass alter-ego of Suzanne E Franks. When not dispensing Zuska's wisdom, Suzanne can often be found gardening, reading, or having one of her thrice-weekly migraines.
- rentals on Beach Wheelchair
- Geoffrey on How to Feed 4 On a Food Stamp Budget
- อาการปวดหลัง on Juniorprof’s #painresearchmatters Campaign
- hay day hack ifunbox on Nifty Free Media Tools at Fairer Science
- win mobile games on Nifty Free Media Tools at Fairer Science
- airtemperaturespecialists.com on How Not To Sell Me Your Fancy HVAC System
- elm327 on PZ, You’ve Seriously Disappointed Me
- hntvzyjs.com on Nifty Free Media Tools at Fairer Science
- John on How Not To Sell Me Your Fancy HVAC System
- Richard Henderson on How Not To Sell Me Your Fancy HVAC System