Pharyngula’s Mutating Genre Meme Lands Here
There are a set of questions below that are all of the form, “The best [subgenre] in [genre] is…”. Copy the questions, and before answering them, you may modify them in a limited way, carrying out no more than two of these operations:
* You can leave them exactly as is.
* You can delete any one question.
* You can mutate either the genre, medium, or subgenre of any one question. For instance, you could change “The best time travel novel in SF/Fantasy is…” to “The best time travel novel in Westerns is…”, or “The best time travel movie in SF/Fantasy is…”, or “The best romance novel in SF/Fantasy is…”.
* You can add a completely new question of your choice to the end of the list, as long as it is still in the form “The best [subgenre] in [genre] is…”.
* You must have at least one question in your set, or you’ve gone extinct, and you must be able to answer it yourself, or you’re not viable.
Then answer your possibly mutant set of questions. Please do include a link back to the blog you got them from, to simplify tracing the ancestry, and include these instructions.
Finally, pass it along to any number of your fellow bloggers. Remember, though, your success as a Darwinian replicator is going to be measured by the propagation of your variants, which is going to be a function of both the interest your well-honed questions generate and the number of successful attempts at reproducing them.
My great-great-great-grandparent is Pharyngula.
My great-great-grandparent is Metamagician and the Hellfire Club.
My great-grandparent is Flying Trilobite
My grandparent is A Blog Around the Clock
My parent is Primate Diaries.
The best time travel novel in SF/Fantasy is: Woman on the Edge of Time by Marge Piercy
The best scary movie in scientific dystopias is: The Handmaid’s Tale
The best sexy song in pop music is: Where Life Begins by Madonna
The best cult novel in beat fiction is: Memoirs of a Beatnik by Diane DiPrima
The best high-carb food in Slavic cooking is the potato pierogie. (mmmmm…..pierogies….)
I am propagating this meme on to:
A K8, A Cat, A Mission
Naked Under My Lab Coat
Rants of a Feminist Engineer
Science to Life